Dates, Pricing & Services
Philanthropic Travel to Preserve Indigenous Monpas!
14 Days/13 Nights
December 2-December 15,2018
$460 Single Supplement
*Includes $1,000 Tax Deductible Donation to Benefit Monpas
- Minimum guarantee of six (6) people is required to run the trip. Please do not book your airfare until this minimum is confirmed.
- Space is limited to maximum of twelve (12) people.
- Price does not include international airfare to/from, or internal airfare within, Bhutan. Fares vary with time of year and time of booking. International airfare may range $1200-$1800+ for adults from west coast. Travel time, San Francisco, or Los Angeles, to entry city may be two (2) calendar days. Most flights into Paro, Bhutan will be the following day. Travel to return may be one (1) or two (2) days depending on if you have a connecting flight straight through from Paro to USA.
- Upon receipt of first payment, a comprehensive Trip Planner, including packing list, will be sent to participant.
- US-based, Professional Guide, Barbara Neary
- Accompanying english-speaking, professionally certified Bhutanese Trip Leader
- Bhutan visa fee
- All current applicable government taxes & Tourist Development Funds
- Assistance upon arrival at the airport in Paro, Bhutan
- Accommodations, including lodges and camping facilities, based on double-occupancy
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 through breakfast on Day 14, per itinerary
- Hot tea, coffee and snacks along the way, as required per journey
- Ground transportation with a Toyota Coaster bus
- Certified, trained professional driver
- Bottled water on hand in the ground transportation at all times
- Sightseeing & activities per itinerary – Butterlamp Ceremony, Drum Ceremony at Tang Nunnery, Cooking & Interaction with Monpa people, Prayer Flag Ceremony, Rafting on Mo Chhu, Archery Lesson, Dignitary Dinner
- Entry and permit fees into museums, institutions and parks as required
- Use of camping equipment – tents, sleeping bag, pad, toilet and shower tents
- Use of rafting equipment – rafts, paddles, PFD, helmet, splash jacket, wetsuit
- Stand-up tents with cots for camping nights
- Services of trained cook and cook staff at camp, trained river guides on river
- International airfare to/from Paro, Bhutan and any Airport Tax
- National airfare from Paro to Bumthang, Bhutan
- Passport, inoculations or health certificate fees
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, air evacuation, baggage insurance and trip cancellation charges
- Restaurant table drinks other than tea, coffee or water
- Any meals or optional trips other than specified in the program
- Items of a personal nature such as alcohol, soft drinks, juices, energy drinks, telephone calls, laundry services, spa services
- Gratuities to guides, staff, drivers and other service provides as necessary
- Personal equipment such as clothes, daypacks, cameras, personal medical kit
- Any exigency expenses caused by or liability for disturbance in trip program due to circumstances beyond our normal control such as airline delays, road blocks, vehicle malfunctions, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots
Reserve a Space
A non-refundable payment of $2,850 is required to reserve a space. Click HERE to pay the reservation fee using PayPal. Of this initial payment, $1,000 is a non-refundable donation to the Tribal Trust Foundation to benefit the Monpa people. You will receive an invoice/receipt stating this breakdown for tax purposes.
The Balance Due of $5,195 ($5,000 + $195 airfare Paro-Bumtang) is to be paid by June 1, 2018, 6 months prior to trip departure. Click HERE to pay the balance using PayPal.
Payments may be made by either check or credit card through PayPal.
If paying by check, please make it out to Neary Travel and send to:
Neary Travel, 1011 San Carlos Road, Santa Barbara, CA, 93103
Trip Cancellation insurance is highly recommended.
The initial payment of $2,850, including $1,000 donation to Tribal Trust Foundation, is non-refundable.
If cancellation is informed:
Before 6 months prior to trip departure $2,850 forfeited
Before 4 months prior to trip departure 50% Bal Due, $2,600 forfeited
Under 4 months prior to departure 100% Bal Due, $5,195 forfeited
Here is your resource for traveling to Bhutan. If you have questions that are not answered in this packet, we are happy to help! Please contact Neary Travel at info@NearyTravel.com
To pay with debit or credit card using PayPal:
If you already have a PayPal account
- Visit paypal.me/NearyTravel
- Enter the amount to be paid –
- Payment 1 – Reservation, $2,850
- Payment 2 – Final Balance, $5,195
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on Payment Method and hit save
- Click Send Payment Now
If you do not have a PayPal account
- Visit paypal.me/NearyTravel
- Click on Sign Up
- Create your PayPal account
- Complete the above instructions